I am a player, play therapist, counseling professor, creative, and mom. I dabble in all sorts of creative, expressive arts--photography, mixed media painting, poetry, and prose. I promise I won't analyze you, but I may want to play with you.
I started this blog in 2010 after having followed many creative-type bloggers since about 2005. This blog is my space on the interwebs devoted to creativity, play, and play therapy inspiration.
- BS in Psychology with a minor in Biology from Texas Christian University
- MA in Counseling with an emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy from St. Mary’s University
- PhD in Counseling and Student Services with an emphasis in Play Therapy and Human Development and Family Studies
Licenses and Certifications
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor
- National Certified Counselor
- Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor
Published articles and book chapters and presented at local, state, and national level particularly in the area of play therapy
Interviewed for local, national, and international radio and podcasts including
- Creative Living with Jamie podcast
- Radio Health Journal podcast on the topic, Free Play and Playgrounds
- Heather Plett's Lead with Your Wild Heart ecourse
- Western Kentucky University Regional Public Radio
- American Counseling Association
- Association for Creativity in Counseling
- Association for Play Therapy: Member of Board of Directors (2012-2015) and Leadership Academy graduate
- International Association of Marriage and Family Counselors
- Kentucky Association for Play Therapy: Past President
- Kentucky Mental Health Counseling Association
Have taught 4 different undergraduate courses (of which 1 I created) and 11 graduate courses (of which 6 I have created)
I am available as a speaker and presenter on a variety of topics related to play, creativity, play therapy, and counseling. Contact me here.