I'm starting to get my groove back and I'm not gonna question it.
Here's some things that are inspiring me lately:
- It's March. Which means it's getting closer to spring and my favorite time of year. The tulips and daffodils I planted last fall are starting to escape their winter slumber. The kids are spending more time outside. As soon as Miles gets off the bus he goes and look for worms. And then brings them inside. The other day in his room I found an old covered margarine tub that had some dirt inside. There was something fuzzy growing in there. I-don't-want-to-know-what.
- These two posts by Alisa Burke (I may have mentioned her before). They show her playful, colorful, cheery art along with TOYS, like sand play therapy miniatures. I really must get out the watercolors and start experimenting. I'm grateful for her quick-to-view blogposts that I know are not quick to create.
- Artist Lori Portka is making 100 paintings for 100 different people and giving them all away. I don't think I could give my art away--no one would accept it; well, okay, maybe family--but what inspires me most is her generosity. Haven't I read somewhere that the happiest people are those that live lives of gratitude?
- My graduate students who are nearing the end, the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel. They are tired and stressed but they are hanging in there. I am honored to share with them in their journey.
- Lately, on my 40-minute drive to work I've been listening to the Creative Living with Jamie podcasts. Lots of inspiration there. The only problem is when I get to the place I'm going, either home or work, there's usually something or someone waiting for me. Stuff to do when I'd rather take a moment and journal about what I just listened to. Oh well. I'll figure it out.
Here's to March, worms, art, gratitude, podcasts, and the journey.
May you continue to inspire me!