After a long, busy day this past Monday I sat on my bed with scissors, gluestick, and a few old magazines and prepared the dreamboard (also referred to by some as visionboard) you see above using the prompt for the full moon that Jamie Ridler posted on her website: "What delights are you dreaming of?" Yesterday she posted a similar question for Wishcasting Wednesday: "What do you wish to delight in?" And today she posted a fun way to discover what you delight in by completing these sentences as I do below. (I tried not to edit myself, but write the first thing that came to mind.)
I love the taste of...
- Iowa sweet corn with butter and salt
- my mother-in-law's Mexican stew with fresh, hot tortillas made in San Antonio
- grasshopper pie made by my mother (not made out of grasshoppers but it is green)
- tortillas and hot sauce with a side of ranch at Chili's or tortillas and salsa at Uncle Julio's
- peanut butter and chocolate ice cream
I love the sight of...
- just about any kind of flower
- Utah mountains when the aspen trees are in their fall glory
- my family's faces smiling at me
- sunrises and sunsets
- watching old reruns of M*A*S*H with my dad
I love the feel of...
- a new container of playdough
- warm hugs from my family and friends
- soaking my feet during a pedicure
- hot chocolate in my tummy after being outside when it's cold
- a soft blanket
I love the smell of...
- cherry blossoms
- popcorn being made
- a newborn baby
I love the sound of...
- children laughing
- a windchime
- an organist belting out a hymn on a big organ
- bird chirping
- my family saying, "I love you"
What do you delight in? What do you wish for? What do you dream of?