You were the year in which I chose OPEN as my guiding word. Such a good word as I had many new experiences. You were the year of
- my first, and so far only, tattoo
- first logo for playcrane
- my oldest child starting high school
- my first time in the Bahamas
- my first pair of prescription glasses: progressive lenses
- first time meeting people face-to-face, in real time, some of whom I have followed on-line for years: like Patti Digh, Jen Louden, Susan Piver, Lori Portka, Heather Plett, Wendy Cook (probably forgetting someone else)
- first time with no living grandparents as my grandfather died in May
attending events--so thankful for these opportunities
- the Feast retreat near Seattle
- World Domination Summit in Portland, this time with my hubby
- Design Your Life Camp near Atlanta
- Association for Play Therapy conference in Palm Springs, CA
writing and presenting
- blogposts written for Creative Dream Journals
- a book chapter in an expressive arts and play therapy book
- presentation at APT conference
So many lessons and learnings from what I have read, seen, and experienced. For that, I am so grateful.
You've started off with a brief sinus infection and then have been full speed ahead.
I've chosen LIVE as my word of the year:
I chose LIVE or it chose me, because I noticed toward the end of the year I was living life as an automaton. Even though some of my Core Desired Feelings are expansive (for me, this means learning and growing) and connected, and I feel this when I am surfing on-line or engaged with social media, I was aware that my time on-line was turning into either a shadow comfort or a time monster.
I want to live more fully and more mindfully in 2014.